This isn't anything regarding me or my personal circumstances just getting advice for a friend. I do not wish to stop my daughter going on holiday,I simply want to know the location and details of the hotel where she shall be staying,I am worried sick as there is a list of certain countries as we all know that are very dangerous at the moment,and the last holiday to Tunisia my daughter missed a major suicide bomb attack near her hotel by just one day,What can I do? Ten golden rules to protect your child from the effects of separation, Tips for Surviving Christmas as a Divorced Parent. Your views would be most appricated. His son has just turned 1. The law defines parental responsibility as “all the rights, duties, powers, responsibilities and authority which by law a parent of a child has in relation to the child and the child’s property”. Any advice of what else he can do? Working out if a father has parental responsibilities and rights. All married fathers have PR, but unmarried fathers only have PR if they are named as the child's father on the birth certificate, they have a legally binding Parental Responsibility Agreement or a Parental Responsibility Order. You can apply for a Specific Issue Order or Prohibited Steps Order if you cannot agree. All mothers and most fathers have legal rights and responsibilities as a parent - known as ‘parental responsibility’. The stated aims of family law decision making regarding children are to put the welfare of the child above other considerations. She founded Kirby & Co in 1997. Hello I would like to find out my fathers rights, I have a daughter my ex partner lets me see her 2 days per week and has done the last few years. however when he chose to walk away from all his responsibilities that come with fatherhood I will not be phoning him almost two weekly asking for permission for each thing they do. No child should be denied their human right to a father yet nearly 1 in 3 children now lives without a father in the UK – that’s nearly 4 million fatherless children. This can cause much frustration and leads fathers doubting their rights and responsibilities. I hope that helps - if not please come back to us. The Dutch authorities are asking for a uk statutory admission of parental rights from my partner – do you know how we go about getting this document? Parental Responsibility (PR, or Parental Responsibilities and Rights (PPR) in Scotland) is a legal status that means that you have a duty to care for and protect your child. Fathers' rights - indeed, parental rights - do not really exist in UK law. The child doesn't permanently live with his mother he lives with his dad....she hardly sees him unless it suits her which is once in a blue moon. Fathers who are registered on the child's birth certificate after or on after 4 May 2006 automatically share parental responsibility with the mother. Making arrangements for your children. Instead, the law refers to parental responsibilities.